Friday, February 5, 2016

9 Excellent TinyLetters You Need To Subscribe To

Sign up to these awesome newsletters and revel in your good decisions.

1. Veni, Vidi, Vici

1. Veni, Vidi, Vici

Tachina Lee / Unsplash

Why you should subscribe: Karen Onojaife's TinyLetter is a perfect marriage of content and medium – short literary fiction that takes the form of a series of email drafts from one woman to her ex. It's a finite project: There will be only 12 entries from Kanyin, and each is by turns funny, heartbreaking, and raw. You can find examples of her nonfiction writing here, and her fiction here.

TinyLetter description: "11 times Kanyin nearly e-mailed her ex-girlfriend and the one time she did."

Excerpt:
I'd arrived as your brother's date, but I'd be leaving with you and it seemed so right, so quickly. I don't even remember what we talked about, just that you were so fucking smart. So smart, funny and fine that whatever game I thought I had, became a thing of pure past tense.

Subscribe to Veni, Vidi, Vici here.

2. Thread

2. Thread

Anthony Delanoix / Unsplash

Why you should subscribe: Jean Hannah Edelstein writes beautifully crafted essays about life and living on her blog, and for other places. Her weekly TinyLetter is a perfect showcase of her wit and wisdom, as well as her ability to zero in on the absurd and joyous. She's a nicely calibrated mix of Didion and Ephron, basically.

TinyLetter description: "Let me tell you about some things."

Excerpt:
I am the scion of people rumoured to be tight-fisted (Scots, Jews) but despite my breeding I have no aptitude for thrift: I'm an uncontrolled spender of coffee, and of emotion.

Subscribe to Thread here.


View Entire List ›

0 comments:

Post a Comment