Tuesday, September 29, 2015

13 Wise Life Lessons From Mindy Kaling's New Book

“If you’ve got it, flaunt it. And if you don’t got it? Flaunt it. ‘Cause what are we even doing here if we’re not flaunting it?”

In September, Mindy Kaling released her second book of essays, Why Not Me? It follows her second coming-of-age, musing on life, love, work, and friendship. Here's what we learned from it.

instagram.com

1. Having confidence in yourself is not an effortless endeavor.

1. Having confidence in yourself is not an effortless endeavor.

Ilya S. Savenok / Getty Images

"People talk about confidence without ever talking about hard work. ... I don't understand how you can talk about self-confidence if you don't do the work."

"Sometimes a story just needs an ending, and I used to not be a creative enough person to think of an ending to a romantic story that isn't wedding or death. This story didn't end in fireworks, because the truth is, fireworks are something from my twenties. I could have made fireworks, but I chose to make a nuanced memory of a person who is neither a hero not a villain in my life. All I had to do now was move on."


View Entire List ›

0 comments:

Post a Comment