Tuesday, July 14, 2015

There Might Be A Third Harper Lee Novel

Harper Lee’s lawyer suggested there may be a manuscript of a third novel in the To Kill a Mockingbird author’s safe-deposit box.

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

HarperCollins

Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee

HarperCollins

I decided then to take a closer look at those pages. I went to the safe-deposit box and pulled out the Lord & Taylor box. I began to thumb through its contents when I came across a title page that said: Go Set a Watchman, Harper Lee, York Avenue, New York, New York. I read enough of the first page to know this was not To Kill a Mockingbird. It opens with Scout, all grown up, returning to Alabama by train from her home in New York City. I thought the Watchman manuscript could have been the sequel to Mockingbird. And something else was in the Lord & Taylor box. The manuscript for Watchman was underneath a stack of a significant number of pages of another typed text.

Via wsj.com


View Entire List ›

0 comments:

Post a Comment