Tuesday, June 9, 2015

17 Things Every Freelance Writer Is Tired Of Hearing

Thanks, but I already have a “real job.”

"Have you tried [marketing, PR, or any other profession]?"

"Have you tried [marketing, PR, or any other profession]?"

Have you tried astrophysics? Museum management? Professional snowboarding? Plenty of freelance writers have considered or tried out other jobs; choosing this one wasn't an accident.

Fox TV / Via giphy.com

"Don't you get lonely?"

"Don't you get lonely?"

Sure. I'm human. But there are plenty of ways to meet people besides working in an office with them. And one perk to freelancing is that the only people I have to see on a daily basis are the ones I consciously choose to have in my life, not the ones who just happen to sit in the next cubicle over.

Nickelodeon / Via theregulationjolly.tumblr.com

"What do you do with all your free time?"

"What do you do with all your free time?"

Do you mean the free time I have when I'm not working on something for one of the sixteen publications I write for?

Via marloesdevee.tumblr.com

"Want to run this errand for me?"

"Want to run this errand for me?"

My work schedule may be flexible, but contrary to popular belief, I'm actually not just sitting on my couch all day, twiddling my thumbs while I wait for you to let me walk your dog!

Via freethoughtblogs.com


View Entire List ›

0 comments:

Post a Comment