Tuesday, April 7, 2015

48 Of The Most Beautiful Lines Of Poetry

“I have measured out my life with coffee spoons.”



Suggested by Terri P., via Facebook


Sarah Galo / BuzzFeed / Thinkstock


2. From "One Art" by Elizabeth Bishop:

"It's evident

the art of losing's not too hard to master,

though it may look like (Write it!) like disaster."

Suggested by Nekesa M., via Facebook


3. From "Leaves of Grass" by Walt Whitman:

"I bequeath myself to the dirt to grow from the grass I love,

If you want me again look for me under your boot-soles."

Suggested by Amanda B., via Facebook


4. From "Little Red Cap" by Carol Ann Duffy:

"Words, words were truly alive on the tongue, in the head

Warm, beating, frantic, winged; music and blood


But then I was young."

Suggested by gemsowerby


5. From "Variations on the Word Sleep" by Margaret Atwood:

"I would like to be the air

that inhabits you for a moment

only. I would like to be that unnoticed

and that necessary."

Suggested by Jacob L., via Facebook



Suggested by Kayla M., via Facebook


Sarah Galo / BuzzFeed / Thinkstock




View Entire List ›


0 comments:

Post a Comment