Thursday, April 16, 2015

17 Stories That Will Make You Want To Hug Your Librarian

“I couldn’t ask for a better role model or teacher.”



Sarah Galo / BuzzFeed / Thinkstock


1. "When I was in 1st grade, I checked out a book and never read it. The end of the school year soon arrived and the book was no where to be found. I felt so bad and I apologized to my librarian so many times. Somehow, in the middle of summer, I found the book in the pantry and freaked. I wrote a letter to my librarian about how sorry I was and told her it would never happen again. She mailed back the five dollars I had paid for the book, a really cool bookmark, and a note about how we were still cool and she was totally happy that I'd found it. Ms. Shelly Dean, you are a great human being and a genuinely amazing soul."

tizzyice


2. "My favorite librarian is Kelly Morgan from Gilbert Elementary School, and she's literally been in my life for 18 years. She is amazing at story time, and gets the kids involved in reading by asking them to make inferences based on the illustrations. She organized a summer reading program and had activities throughout the week. I started volunteering during the summer when I was in fifth grade, and I was back nearly every summer through college. My senior year, Kelly supported me through my honors thesis and was the third reader on my committee. She's a huge inspiration to me!"

– Ronnie E., Facebook


3. "My middle school librarian, Ms. Knott, has been a close friend of my family and my friends for years. She inspired all of us to read more and engage with all different types of literature, and sponsored our Sci-Fi/Fantasy group. She taught us all to be who we were, and to treat each other with love and respect. On top of that, she came to my wedding and took a picture with all of us in silly hats in our photo booth! I couldn't ask for a better role model or teacher."

FellowshipGMP



juliaallisonframpton


Sarah Galo / BuzzFeed / Thinkstock




View Entire List ›


0 comments:

Post a Comment